Should auld acquaintance be forgot, give them the OAFEnet Email Update.
How big is this week's OEU? It spans two years! If you made an ass of yourself on New Year's Eve, you may be reading this update through a haze of whatever your homemade hangover remedy of choice happens to be - consider this your temporary break from bright lights and loud noises.
- We started off with a double-sized review for Joe Friday, knowing it would be the last of the year.
- Saturday's Star Wars review is a hideous abomination - not the character, but the actual toy.
- Do you like your Christmas trees with a star or an angel on top? Even if you prefer the heavenly host, this one probably wouldn't be very festive.
- And as a companion to that review, here's one that's fairly disappointing.
- Due to the holiday, comics this week come out on Friday, instead of Wednesday - so check out our list of what you can get at the shop when the new shipments arrive.
- This week's ML Monday is patriotic - and also a character with a legacy stretching back past World War II.
- Any other week, this Transformers Tuesday would be unique; we so seldom review things and tell you not to buy. This week, however? He's merely unusual, since there's already another negative review.
- Love obscure references to terrible movies that are better left forgotten? Then you'll like Wednesday's review.
- Of course, since it was the end of the year, it was time to post our annual Toy of the Year awards! This year we even added a new category, to celebrate our 10th Anniversary.
- And the last link for this email is also our first review of January. In honor of such a dichotomy, we present a brief lesson about the Roman god Janus.
So that's 2008 in the bag. What can you look forward to in 2009? More unparalleled excellence, of course. Keep reading OAFE to stay in touch with the best of the best in toys.