Terms Regarding Unauthorized Use
This copyrighted work may not be archived, re-published, or otherwise pirated, without the express written permission of its individual creator or sole legal owner, known herein as "yo go re."
The above statement, which comes directly from the sole legal owner of Online Action Figure Entertainment™, has the force of law. However, since thieves do not respect the law, it would be foolish to expect compliance on that basis alone. For that reason, this policy is issued, regarding any and all unauthorized re-publication of this material.
By making a copy, by any means, of all or any portion of Online Action Figure Entertainment™, you agree to the following terms:
- The word "page" is defined as the content, or any portion thereof, of any single HTML document within the domain "oafe.net".
- Re-publication of this material in any permanent, physical form (e.g., print, CD-ROM, etc.) will be paid for at a rate of one thousand dollars ($1,000) per page.
- Re-publication of this material on the Internet will be paid for at a rate of ten dollars ($10) per page, for each day the material is posted.
- Re-publication of this material in any other form, e.g., in media not yet invented, will be paid for at a similar rate, to be determined if/when it actually happens.
- Storage of this material on a single disc or multiple discs, or in print, by an individual, for his/her sole use, is also frowned upon, but will not be pursued as long as the material remains in use solely by that individual. Making a single copy for another individual will be considered re-publication in a permanent physical form.
- Non-archival storage of this material by a corporation, government agency, or any other institution will be considered re-publication if more than one individual has access to it.
- These charges go into effect at the moment of re-publication. An invoice for past use will be submitted when the owner of the material catches you, and must be paid within 30 days.
- These charges apply to all acts of re-publishing Online Action Figure Entertainment™, not just to those committed after these terms are posted. Any unauthorized copying of any portion of the site renders the re-publisher liable for all prior re-publications.
- Linking is by no means to be considered re-publication. Linking simply means sending people here, and getting people to come here is what the site is for. Re-publication means putting the information somewhere other than here. License is granted for reasonably brief excerpts used for linking purposes.
- Should the owner of this material fail to catch a re-publisher, that fact does not absolve other re-publishers, whom the owner does catch, of responsibility to pay for their own unauthorized use.
- If you don't like these prices, make other arrangements (email@example.com) - but do so before re-publishing the material.
- These terms will be enforced both mercilessly and relentlessly, by all legal means, without regard to the unauthorized re-publisher's location, intent, standing as a governmental or academic institution, or ability to pay.
Terms Regarding Image Copyrights
All toy images within the domain "oafe.net" remain the property of the original holder, but are used with permission in perpetuity only by Online Action Figure Entertainment™.
For images that are screenshots from copyrighted films or television shows, the copyright is most likely owned by the studio or corporation which produced it. It is believed that the use of a limited number of web-resolution screenshots for identification and critical commentary on the work and its contents qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law.
For covers, single panels and sequential panels from comicbooks, the copyright for it is most likely owned by either the publisher of the comic or the creator who produced the comic in question. It is believed that the use of low-resolution images from a comicbook to illustrate the comicbook, scene or storyline depicted, or an aspect the copyrighted characters depicted on the excerpted panel(s) in question qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law.
Any other photos are used solely as not-for-profit illustrations where no free alternative of the subject matter exists or can be reasonably created.
Permission is hereby granted for the re-publication or adaptation of this one page, in part or in whole, to any copyright owner wishing to help stop internet pilferage.
To add yourself to our mailing list, just enter your email below and click "Join."
Discuss this (and everything else) on our message board, the Loafing Lounge!