The Smart One
Once referred to as "The Time Magazine of toy reviewing," Poe Ghostal was one of the founding members of OAFEand still occasionally writes a so-called review. Poe has been collecting toys since age 4, or so he thinks. He's written several articles for ToyFare magazine, including an interview with the Four Horsemen (issue #100). In his spare time he writes fiction and talks to himself.
- 1. What got you into reviewing? What figure was so cool that you just had to tell everyone about it?
- None. I was dragged into it by Shocka and yo.
- 2. What's your favorite review?
- Tenderheart Bear. Ass tattoos rock.
- 3. Best late night talk show host?
- Stephen Colbert.
- 4. Who's your favorite hero/villain?
- Hellboy and Grand Moff Tarkin.
- 5. Best thing about toys right now?
- Balljointed necks galore!
- 6. Worst thing about toys right now?
- 7. What's your guilty pleasure?
- SpongeBob Squarepants.
- 8. Sculpt, paint or articulation?
- 9. Mexican, Italian or Chinese?
- 10. What's the first toy you remember getting?
- A little Mighty Mouse figure.
- 11. Favorite toy of all time?
- Grimlock (Transformers, Generation 1)
- 12. Favorite band?
- Pearl Jam.
- 13. We all buy a lot of toys; what do you actually collect?
- Just Hellboy, right now.
- 14. Your most wanted toy line?
- Mystery Science Theater 3000.
- 15. Who makes the best toys?
- Santa Claus.
- 16. What's your favorite candy?
- Dinosour Eggs. Do they still make those?
- 17. What toy that you never got as a kid have you sought out now that you're an adult?
- I always wanted one of those Bandai vinyl Mecha-Godzilla figures, and got one a few years ago.
- 18. What obscure, unmarketable property would you love to have as figures?
- Toejam & Earl.
- 19. What are you into besides toys?
- Writing fiction and drowning puppies. No, wait; just the writing part.
- 20. What's your secret stash for finding toys?
- It's called eBay.