As mentioned in today's review, the Drizzt & Guenhwyvar set included a set of cards featuring various D&D monsters.
The text on the cards is written in the Thorass alphabet, the script used for Common language in the "Forgotten Realms" setting. Fortunately, it's just a simple replacement cipher, meaning you don't have to be especially smart or talented to translate it even if you don't know what the font is; as proof, we made yo translate it from scratch, and he's neither smart nor talented!
- White dragon
- The great dragons are the preternatural beast. The basic element of the best [sic]. That darkest part of our imagination.
- I am living in a land of stark beauty and stark reality, a place where you have to be wary and alert and at your very best at all times. I call this paradise.
- To learn how to use a sword, one must first master when to use a sword.
- If we just step back and watch the truth of the world, we will find that there is indeed magic all about us unexplainable by numbers and formulas.
- Frost Giant
- As death is the greatest mystery, so it is the most personal of revelations.
- When you live with death so close, you come to appreciate life all the more.
Those may sound like zen koans, but they're all quotes from Drizzt in the various books.