Did you hear the news? The OAFEnet Email Update was just named Time Magazine's Man of the Year!
It's been another absolutely huge week at OAFEnet - another seven days, another seven reviews. Remember, all through December, we're breaking out of our normal "every other day" schedule to burn through Marvel Legends 14 and 15 as fast as possible. Even more surprising than us showing hints of an actual work ethic is the fact that three weeks in, we still haven't screwed it up. That has to beat the Vegas odds.
- Our first review of the week was a huge one, a toy that is without a doubt the biggest figure in its respective line. Tallest, widest... maybe not the thickest. Not that you'd want to say that to his face.
- Hey, a little bit of "Transformers Tuesday" news: the folks over at Reprolabels.com have a new section of peel-and-stick goodness for you.
- Saturday's review looks like a potato. A potato that rides around on a motorized scooter and has a scorpion tail. You know, the average kind. Found in any salad. Tune in, turn on and drop out.
- Here's a good question: when was the last time you were pasty complexion of someone who only sees the sun a few minutes a day.
- Are you tired of imposed Christmas cheer? Has the season got you down? Well don't worry, you're not alone.
- On the other hand, if you're feeling festive and gay, well, this guy is at least halfway there.
- We OAFEs aren't completely whores for Christmas - shutting everyone else out of the fun would be rude. So here, for our Jewish friends, is OAFEnet's borderline offensive and highly misguided tribute to Hannukah: a guy with a big hammer.
- The holiday season is all about reconnecting with family members you haven't seen in ages. Even if the reason you haven't seen them for ages is that they're dead. It's a Christmahannukwanzivus miracle!
- This sounds like it would be a fast and easy custom. Clever, too. Anyone have any advice for customizing Transformers?
- Wednesday's review was a completely forgettable character who appeals only to an ever-dwindling audience; and yet, he will never, ever go away. Why's that? Read this review (and the two related blog posts) to find out.
- Our final review of the week is a cold-hearted bastard who seems to know too much. I wouldn't trust him, if I were you. Keep an eye on your wallet.
- And just a quick note: if you want to see that last review in action, check out CBS tonight, Dec. 21, at 8pm, where he'll be taking part in the longest-running holiday special on tv - clocking in at a healthy 42 years (and counting).
Before we take our leave, and wish you a Merry Christmas, remember, this is your last chance to get your favorite toys in the running for our Toy of the Year competition. The ToY winners will be announced on New Year's Eve, so act fast.