DC Direct still exists and had a panel here for the first time in several years. They brought in a bunch of people and unveiled not a whole lot, but their point is that they're not going anywhere.
- Jim Lee, Adam Hughes, Jean St Jean, John Mathews, Sanford Greene, Sean "Cheeks" Galloway
- Unveiled New JLA figures designed by Jim Lee. Series 1 will have Batman and Series 2 will have Superman, not sure of the rest of the lineups
- COVER GIRLS = best selling statue line from DCD, next up will be Death (from Sandman)
- Batman Black & White - next is Sam Keith, then Sean "Cheeks" Galloway
- Alfred E. Newman Just-Us League figures coming back in three three-figure series, each with two repaints and one all new. Series 1 = Batman, Robin, Joker; 2 = Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman; 3 = Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Aquaman.
- Ame-Comi - next up is a retool of Hawkgirl (but not supposed to be revealed)
- Julius Marx led off off with the question: where is DCD in all the new licenses? Basically the new licensees (Lego, Sideshow, etc.) are a result of the restructuring into DC Entertainment, but DCD is still doing stuff
- Focus will be of "new" stuff but Green Lantern did really well, so they could go back in and do some stuff (but doesn't sound like it to me)
- Kind of joke about the dynamics Flash figure and Bruckner's handling of it - "weren't we going to take a prototype out to the bay and ceremoniously dump it, not just UNceremoniously."
- more announcements at NYCC
I'm hoping they do more Green Lantern stuff. They've been talking about a Green Lantern-centric line since Blackest Night started selling well, and I hope they finally get to it. The three waves of Green Lantern figures they did in the past were great.
1) DC and Sideshow are hooked up now?
2) What are you talking about with the Flash?