Welcome to the last OAFEnet Email Update of the decade!
There are those who say that the decade doesn't actually end until next year - the same people who insisted the year 2000 wasn't the start of the new millennium, mostly. It will comfort you to know that they're just as wrong now as they were then. 2010 is the start of something new, not the end of something old.
- This week's schedule actually began on Christmas day, so we had a Joe Friday that tied in to the holiday in the most tangential way imaginable.
- As a present to you, we offer this fun video.
- And Artemis kept in the spirit with a festive holiday elf, complete with a nice fancy bow.
- A lot of you got hit with a snow storm last week, but this figure is definitely not dressed for cold weather. Maybe you can think up a way to keep her warm.
- Here's a question for you: what are your top 10 toys of the past 10 years?
- Similarly, what one toyline best represents the decade?
- Our Marvel Monday review was a figure of an entirely different stripe.
- No surprise that Transformers Tuesday broke the trend of all those feminine reviews. This one is all butch, boys, as evidenced by the photo of rippling man-abs that's been on our front page all week.
- And for our final review of the decade, Poe takes a look at a hard-to-find figure and its harder-to-find variant.
- Since today is the last day of the year, we've also revealed the winners of the 11th annual Toy of the Year Awards. What's the best of the best of 2009? You can only find out here.
So, that's the end of 2009. It's been a big exciting year, and we're planning to start 2010 in style.