The OAFEnet Email Update is this month's selection in Oprah's book club.
So January is almost over, and behind the scenes, we're already working on February's Old Toys Month stuff. There's a hint of that in the OEU this week, with the return of a feature that hasn't been seen in quite a while.
- The week began, as you'd expect, with Joe Friday. This time around, it was a surprisingly affordable vehicle set.
- Poe introduced us to a Batman foe who most people would never associate with Batman. Is he stretching, or does he just know a secret?
- Sunday's review is one of those villains who's nothing but an evil version of the hero he fights. And he loves jewelry, apparently.
- Longtime OAFE fans will remember when each workweek began with MotU Monday. Well, it's back again. Is this a one-off, or the sign of things to come?
- That's not to say we forgot our normal Marvel Monday, either. This one is a set with an unexpected secret you can only find out about after you open it.
- The reason we chose our Transformers Tuesday review was because you, our readers, demanded it. If there's anything you ever want to see us cover, don't hesitate to ask.
- "Fans' Choice" figures always seem to suffer the same flaw - namely, the character the fans pick is generally popular enough to have already been on the schedule.
- Here's something we forgot to include in the email last week: a big batch interview with all six OAFEs (plus a few others)!
- And finally, our last review this week is the first superhero who started out as a supporting character in a non-superhero comicbook. An odd claim to fame, no doubt!
So that's all for this week. Next week your OEU will feature the start of Old Toys Month, and we're starting the nostalgia early.