The crossover that never was:
That is a piece of art by Phil Jimenez, used to pitch the concept to DC - it's not something that was ever in production, so don't get your hopes up. Speaking on Twitter recently, Jimenez revealed that any hopes of seeing this become a real book fell apart when it was decided that DC was going to relaunch all their books. A few tidbits he shared:
- You missed out on Wonder Woman's invisible jet becoming a very cool Transformer.
- Giving credit where credit is due: the idea for Optimus Prime as a GL was none other than [IDW editor-in-chief] Chris Ryall's. Smart guy.
- I'm a sucker for those Seacons.
- The transforming invisible jet... which was "female," I think. She would have been sooo cool.
- This would have been epically fun. No other reason to attempt such a thing, really, except for fun!
- [Answering "who's in the second panel from the left?"]: Martian Manhunter... and a Transformers-related surprise character.
- I just wanted to draw the Combiner assault on Earth-1. That's all. Actually, that's not all.
- Interesting, to see what people glean (& don't) from a couple of pieces of concept art. So glad so many saw the right/cool things, tho. There was definitely more than meets the eye.
He also shared this second piece of art: