The OAFEnet Email Update isn't created with the help of a single Steve Jobs product.
It's October, so it's time for Horror Month. We've got a week of ghastly monsters for you - well, most of a week, anyway.
- Joe Friday doesn't really fit the "horror" theme, even though it is a figure wearing a mask. Judging by the end of the review, he may soon be wearing a different mask.
- Remember last week when we joked about "Baturday?" Well, this month we're doing it. The first Baturday review was Bruce Wayne dressed in a costume. A different costume than he usually wears, obviously, or else it wouldn't be worth mentioning.
- We really got into the swing of things after that, covering a pair of classic movie monsters, though not quite the way you remember them.
- What makes this a Horror Month review? There's a giant red monster, a murderous robot and a vampire woman. And also a drunk driver.
- Black is the color of evil and death and zombies and whatnot, right? Transformers Tuesday probably wasn't intended that way, but that's how it came out.
- What did Rustin buy last week? Monsters!
- Our final review is technically a zombie, in that he was dead and then came back to life. Yeah, that's as strong a connection as we can make up.
Your attention is kindly requested on our blog. We have two bits of news to share with you: one about a toyline whose future is in question, and a contest that runs through the end of the year.