So today was Hasbro's big press panel, and we liveblogged it on our Twitter page, but it's worth recapping the biggest news here, as well.
- Vintage will continue through 2012.
- Since the Blu-Rays will have deleted scenes, that will open up new versions of old characters.
- Ponda Baba (Walrus Man) will have a removable arm, and two sets of hands (normal and "hooves," as seen in some on-set photos).
- New chase figures will be "Revenge of the Jedi" cards. 12 figures, all available in a single Death Star-shaped SDCC exclusive (with bonus Mouse Droid and Slacious Crumb on tiny vintage cards).
- Prototype Armor Boba Fett, whose cape was actually a SW beach towel spraypainted.
- Galactic Heroes ending, being replaced with larger "Jedi Force" line.
- Electronic Thor hammer from Nerf.
- Marvel Universe multipacks: X-Force, First Appearance Avengers, Fantastic Three.
- Marvel Universe doing Scarlet Spider and Darkhawk. Guardians of the Galaxy with Groot and Rocket Raccoon.
- MU Darkhawk, Cable and Dr. Strange will have variants in the early cases, but not in the late; get them fast.
- MU Sentinel will have exclusive paint scheme at SDCC - dark purple.
- Marvel Legends returns in 2012. BAFs coming back, too.
- The designed-but-unreleased series will be produced as an SDCC exclusive. Toht, Marion, Satipo, German Mechanic, Indy in German Disgiuse! Also new "ultimate" Indy with newly-made good headsculpt.
- "30 for 30 Program" celebrates 30th anniversary of RAH. Planned to have 30 RAH-themed releases.
- Crazylegs? Techno-Viper!
- Brand-new Skystriker this fall.
- SDCC exclusive Skystriker painted like Starscream. Comes with Cobra Commander pilot. CC comes with in-scale Megatron gun.
- Three-year plan for current Renegades storyline.
- Lego-style "Kre-O" line. Block figures, building sets.
- Generations will continue at least through the rest of the year.
Not a bad bunch of info for Day 1, huh? But man, Hasbro is just KILLING fans with the SDCC stuff this year. Hasbro Toy Shop better get these things in for everyone who can't make it.